MAD MAX: FURY ROAD competition: Terms and Conditions
General, by Sarah Bankes
March 23, 2015
All submissions must follow these terms and conditions to be eligible for entry
- Submissions must be a photo in the format as prescribed by the Promoter.
- Submissions must be originally created by and solely owned by you or in the public domain, except that you may include Warner Bros. Content (defined below) in your Submission. “Warner Bros. Content” means certain Warner Bros.’ names, trademarks, logos or other property associated with the Film, including depictions of talent featured in the film, “Mad Max: Fury Road”. Warner Bros. Content is allowed solely for use by you for entry into this Competition and may only be used in a positive and non-disparaging manner.
- Your Submission MAY NOT include content or talent from the motion pictures Mad Max, Mad Max 2 (a.k.a. The Road Warrior) and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.
- Except with respect to Warner Bros. Content, your Submission may NOT include the names, likenesses or personas of you or any third party.
- Do not include any third-party logos, brands, products or trademarks in your Submission. Your Submission must NOT infringe, misappropriate, or violate any rights of any third party including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secret, or right of privacy or publicity.
- Your Submission must NOT include information or content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, hateful, indecent, inappropriate, disparaging, harassing, threatening, profane, obscene, pornographic or otherwise adult-oriented, or injurious to any Released Party (as described below) or any other party.
- Your Submission must not include, mention or depict the use of alcohol, tobacco products or illegal drugs.
- Your Submission cannot depict or encourage dangerous or illegal activities and must not violate any national, provincial, territorial or local law, rule, or regulation.
- Your Submission must be suitable for viewing by the general public. No swearing, violence, nudity, or obscene material.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify (i.e. defend and/or reimburse) Imagine Publishing Limited, Warner Bros., their respective parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, licensors, licensees, representatives, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), against any and all claims from any third party for any use by any Released Party of your Submission authorised pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- The organisers of the competition reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify from the Competition and/or cease or refrain from displaying or publishing any Submission that – as determined by the organisers of the Competition, in their sole discretion – refers, depicts, or in any way reflects negatively upon a Released Party, the Competition, or any other person or entity or does not comply with these Submission Requirements.
- The Prize winner may be required to sign a Prize Acceptance Form and/or Release Form before the Prize is awarded.
- The Prize winner may be required to take part in reasonable post-competition publicity for Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. or any affiliate in Prize winner’s territory (collectively, “WB”) and may be filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded by WB or other third parties for publicity, and he/she consents to the use of his/her personal data (including, without limitation, his/her name and image) for such purposes.
- There is no cash alternative to the Prize which is subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. The Prize may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the winner.
- Prize details are correct at the date of this Agreement. Events may occur that render the Media Promotion itself or the awarding of the Prize impossible due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons beyond the control of Warner. In this situation, WB may at its discretion vary or amend Prizes so as to provide reasonable alternative Prizes and Prize winner agrees that no liability shall attach to WB or parties connected to WB as a result.
- All entrants must be aware that by submitting artwork, it may be used for publicity purposes and a separate release form will therefore need to be signed.
- Artwork should be your own original creation
- Official Mad Max 2015, original Mad Max artwork and images cannot be repurposed or re-used in your artwork
- By uploading your artwork you confirm that you are the copyright holder of the supplied image(s). As the originator of the supplied image(s) you agree to indemnify Imagine Publishing and Warner Bros & MCM Comic Con against all and any loss, damages or costs sustained by Imagine Publishing and Warner Bros & MCM Comic Con arising out of any claim by a third party that the image(s) supplied under these terms infringes the Intellectual Property of a third party and, on request, you shall provide all reasonable assistance to enable Imagine Publishing and Warner Bros & MCM Comic Con to resist any claim, action or proceedings brought against Imagine Publishing and Warner Bros & MCM Comic Con as a consequence.
- By uploading your artwork, you agree to give permission for Imagine Publishing and Warner Bros & MCM Comic Con to use your submitted artwork and your name and image for means of promotion, marketing, advertising, both commercial and non-commercial. You may be required to sign a release form.
- The prize winner must not sell or offer the prize in connection with any further competition, contest or promotion.
- Closing date for entries is 12.01am on 20th April 2015.
- Winner will be announced on 28th April 2015
- This competition is open to UK residents only.
- Please note: A high-resolution version of your final artwork will need to be available upon request.