Suicide Squad competition: Terms and Conditions
General, by Mark White
June 10, 2016
All Submissions must meet all of the following “Submission Requirements”, as determined by the organisers of the Competition, in their sole discretion, or the associated entry may be disqualified:
- Submissions must comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Submissions must be a photo in the format as prescribed by the Promoter.
- Your Submission may not contain any person other than yourself (with the exception of the likenesses of The Joker, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Slipknot, Killer Croc, The Enchantress, Katana, El Diablo, Boomerang or Rick Flag). The Joker, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Slipknot, Killer Croc, The Enchantress, Katana, El Diablo, Boomerang or Rick Flag are the only characters that may be depicted in the Submissions. No other character may be depicted or otherwise included in your Submission.
- By submitting your Submission, you hereby grant to the Promoter, DC Comics, Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited and its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates (“Warner Bros.”), and any other party involved in the operation of the Competition a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully transferable and sub-licensable, worldwide licence to use (including, without limitation, the right to modify) the Submission in connection with the operation of the Competition and for commercial and promotional purposes in any format and using any media including, without limitation, any reproduction and/or broadcast of the Submission online, in print format and/or on TV (whether or not now invented) at the Promoter’s, Warner Bros.’ and/or DC Comics’ sole discretion.
- The Submission must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; and must not have won any award. Submissions must be original work, created by and solely owned by you, or content that incorporates materials from the public domain, except that you may include Warner Bros. Content (defined below) in your Submission. “Warner Bros. Content” means certain Warner Bros.’ names, trademarks, logos or other property associated with the film, “Suicide Squad”, including depictions of talent featured in the film, “Suicide Squad”. Warner Bros. Content is allowed solely for use by you for entry into this Competition and may only be used in a positive and non-disparaging manner. All third party content and content unoriginal to you (except for the Warner Bros. Content and content that incorporates materials from the public domain) is prohibited. Except with respect to Warner Bros. Content, your Submission may NOT include the names, likenesses or personas of you or any third party.
- Do not include any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third-party logos, brands, products or trademarks, or promotion of any brand, product or service in your Submission. Your Submission must NOT infringe, misappropriate, or violate any rights of any third party including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy or publicity or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
- Your Submission must NOT include information or content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, lewd hateful, indecent, inappropriate, disparaging, unlawfully harassing, threatening, profane, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic or otherwise adult-oriented, or injurious to any Released Party (as defined below) or any other party. Any such Submission may be removed by the Promoter at any time in Promoter’s sole and unfettered discretion.
- Your Submission must not include, mention or depict the use of alcohol, tobacco products or illegal drugs.
- Your Submission cannot depict or encourage dangerous or illegal or unlawful activities and must not violate any national, provincial, territorial or local law, rule, or regulation.
- Your Submission must be suitable for viewing by the general public. No swearing, violence, nudity, or obscene material.
- Your Submission must not contain any personally identifiable information. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your Submission, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify (i.e. defend and/or reimburse) Imagine Publishing Limited, Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited, DC Comics, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, licensors, licensees, representatives, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), against any and all claims from any third party for any use by any Released Party of your Submission authorised pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- The organisers of the Competition reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify from the Competition and/or cease or refrain from displaying or publishing any Submission that – as determined by the organisers of the Competition, in their sole discretion – refers, depicts, or in any way reflects negatively upon a Released Party, the Competition, or any other person or entity or does not comply with these Submission Requirements.
- You may not be, nor may you work with parties in conjunction with the Submission who are: 1) represented under contract (e.g. by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Warner Bros.’, DC Comics’ and/or the Promoter’s ability to display your Submission in any media form; 2) subject to an acting or modeling contract that would make you/your appearance in the Submission a violation of any third party rights; or 3) under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prevent Warner Bros., DC Comics and/or the Promoter from being able to use the Submission as contemplated by this Media Promotion.
- The Prize winner may be required to sign a Prize Acceptance Form and/or Release Form before the Prize is awarded.
- The Prize winner may be required to take part in reasonable post-competition publicity for Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. or any affiliate in Prize winner’s territory (collectively, “WB”) and may be filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded by WB or other third parties for publicity, and he/she consents to the use of his/her personal data (including, without limitation, his/her name and image) for such purposes.
- There is no cash alternative to the Prize which is subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. The Prize may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the winner.
- Prize details are correct at the date of this Agreement. Events may occur that render the Media Promotion itself or the awarding of the Prize impossible due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons beyond the control of Warner. In this situation, WB may at its discretion vary or amend Prizes so as to provide reasonable alternative Prizes and Prize winner agrees that no liability shall attach to WB or parties connected to WB as a result.
- All entrants must be aware that by submitting artwork, it may be used for publicity purposes and a separate release form will therefore need to be signed.
- Official Suicide Squad artwork and images cannot be repurposed or re-used in your artwork.
- By uploading your artwork you confirm that you are the copyright holder of the supplied image(s). As the originator of the supplied image(s) you agree to indemnify Imagine Publishing and Warner Bros & ODEON Cinemas against all and any loss, damages or costs sustained by Imagine Publishing and Warner Bros & ODEON Cinemas arising out of any claim by a third party that the image(s) supplied under these terms infringes the Intellectual Property of a third party and, on request, you shall provide all reasonable assistance to enable Imagine Publishing and Warner Bros & ODEON Cinemas to resist any claim, action or proceedings brought against Imagine Publishing and Warner Bros & ODEON Cinemas as a consequence.
- By uploading your artwork, you agree to give permission for Imagine Publishing and Warner Bros & ODEON Cinemas to use your submitted artwork and your name and image for means of promotion, marketing, advertising, both commercial and non-commercial. You may be required to sign a release form.
- The prize winner must not sell or offer the prize in connection with any further competition, contest or promotion.
- Closing date for entries is July 15th 2016
- Winner will be announced on July 22nd 2016
- This competition is open to UK residents only.
- Please note: A high-resolution version of your final artwork will need to be available upon request.